09 January 2008

New Year’s Eve in Montevideo /Año Nuevo en Montevideo


I am back from a short break in Montevideo. What can I say; there’s no doubt that the Uruguayan side of the River Plate is cleaner and more beautiful than the Argentine. I went to the beach everyday and I really thought I was at the sea (Uruguayans usually refer to the river as the sea). The water was very green and you could see some small fish actually swimming around you. My favorite beach there is certainly Playa Honda.
With the arrival of the New Year I went to the "Rambla" (riverside) to see the fireworks.

Pasé unos días en Montevideo con mi pareja. ¿Qué puedo decir? El lado uruguayo del Río de la Plata es mucho más limpio y lindo que el argentino. Fuimos a la playa todos los días y realmente pensé por momentos que estaba en el mar (así se refieren los uruguayos al río). El agua estaba verde y podía ver pequeños peces nadando alrededor mío. Sin dudas, mi playa favorita allá es Playa Honda.
Cuando llegó el nuevo año, bajamos a la rambla a ver los fuegos artificiales.

No comments: